Sunday, October 16, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #9

Greetings, my sixy beasts! By now you're all surely sick of reading about my evil twin's Parisian man-whore, so let's move on. Here are six sentences from my upcoming Blaze, tentatively titled Honeymoon for One. The seaplane pilot hero and runaway bride heroine are in the cockpit, headed for the mainland, and Will is teasing Leigh for having artlessly thrown herself at him the night before:

“Never been sexually assaulted by a guest before,” Will said, facing forward. “Just trying to be polite, lest you manhandle me again.”

“Womanhandle, you mean.”

Another grin.

“You can get away with a lot,” Leigh said, “since you’re the only man who can get me off that island.”

“If we’re being indiscreet again, I’m going to go ahead and delete the last two words of that sentence.”



Thanks for swinging by, everyone! Now head here to check out all the other Six Sentence Sunday excerpts this week.

19 comments:

  1. lol! I love your characters. Something tells me Mr. Man didn't quite mind being (wo)man handled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute. Love their snarky banter. Fun six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great chemistry between these two ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like his cocky response: "I'm going to go ahead and delete the last two words of that sentence." Great six! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dialogue. Love the playfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm guessing she will get him off! Snappy repartee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the banter! Great job. I really see your characters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Love a man with a clever wit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found myself smiling all the way through this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, laughing hysterically at that last line. This is one of my faves today by far!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Love the last line. Can't wait for more of Honeymoon for One! Sensational six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So funny! Love his wit... "delete the last two words of that sentence." LOL! Seriously though, I do love how this passage combines sexiness and humor, which is one of my favorite combos! Great six!


    Amy Durham

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, nice! I like these two. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I like that guy! Nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can one ever have too much of a Parisian man-whore? I'm gonna say no. LOL

    Great six. Love the banter, but your characters are always spot-on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! Very clever dialogue between then :) Light and playful ;)

    ReplyDelete