Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Tardy Start to October

Hey, it's October! That means I can watch TV again… Check. I watched some in my hotel room while my evil twin was attending a smut writers' conference last week, actually, before September was even officially over. So sue me. No wait, don't.

Anyhow, now that I'm back and no longer suffering from food poisoning (possibly from the scrambled eggs I so gloatingly overloaded on at the hotel's breakfast buffet) it's time to get with the program for October. Or rather, Ommmctober, the month during which I practice yoga every day, for a minimum of thirty minutes. I could actually desperately use it, right about now. At the best of times I'm an intermediate yoga student, flexible if not especially strong…my lifts are woeful, but I can do an enviable upward bow. Right about now, I'm at least three weeks overdue for even a basic stretching session. Probably no coincidence I've been a bit of a basket case the last month or so.

Here's my little lamp-lit yoga space, in my office:


Check the hourglass, which is actually a half-hourglass (thanks, Mom) perfect for making sure I get my thirty minutes minimum in. And that's it, really. I'm off to punish my hamstrings and attain bliss.

4 comments:

  1. Don't punish, just enjoy -- there's nothing like regular home practice. Will look forward to talking with you about it. :) Namaste!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it sick that every time you post a new deprivation month, I simultaneously admire and hate you, even though you haven't begun the deprivation yet? It's a sort of jealous admiration of your achievement in advance. Then, by the time you're done with the month, I've forgotten all about it. So I'll just tell you now, I admire and despise how supple and fit and peaceful you'll be at the end of October, while I've skipped half my weekly yoga classes like a total slacker.
    Wait, did I make that all about me? What I meant to say was "enjoy!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam—fair enough! Punishment does run totally counter to a healthy yoga practice. Plus when have my hamstrings ever done anything other than precisely what they feel like? [glares at hamstrings]

    Ruthie—bwah ha ha. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you can glare at your hamstrings, you are already flexible enough! LOL

    Sam

    ReplyDelete