Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thrusty Thursday: Mike Rowe

Welcome to another installment of Thrusty Thursday, your weekly Meg-led tour into a ponderous world of alternative foxiness. I chose Mike Rowe for this week's honor because I owe him. He's the host of Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel, and if you haven't seen it, he basically travels around the country doing the most disgusting things imaginable. I don't actually recommend thrusting upon him unless you know for sure he's gone through a de-con shower.

I got into Dirty Jobs when I needed a visual idea of the duties of large animal veterinarians for a Montana-set romance I'm writing. There have been multiple sequences on the show featuring equine docs and cattle docs and llama docs…castration and insemination and all kinds of glamorousness. Mike Rowe has learned how to cut off horse nuts so that I don't have to.

Now for your enjoyment, someone else's lovely fan-girl montage of stills from the show:



Actually, now that I think about it, Mike is really quite properly handsome, which isn't like me… But anyhow, thanks Mike! Keep up the dirty work.

No comments:

Post a Comment