Sunday, November 6, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #11

Got some cool and completely unexpected news this week that my first Blaze, Caught on Camera, was nominated for a Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award for best series romance debut. So to celebrate, I'll let it take over Six Sunday. Here's the basic premise—Ty is a television survival show host (think Man vs. Wild or Survivorman) and Kate is his personal assistant, best friend, handler, pretty much everything but lover. As the book starts, they're busy taping a show in snowy Saskatchewan…

She rounded the bend at the edge of the woods and discovered why Ty wasn’t shouting back—sitting splay-legged on a fallen tree, he had one of the other cameras perched on his broad shoulder, its lens trained on Kate, red light blinking. As she neared she heard him narrating for his own amusement, a raised whisper in the Australian accent that earned them at least a quarter of their ratings.

“… the natural habitat of the Kate Somersby. We can see from her stance that this approach is one of postured aggression, though the look in the female’s eye suggests that mating may be on her mind. Let’s wait and see what she’s after.” Ty abandoned the voice-over as Kate pushed her boot against the front of his vest, toppling him harmlessly backward into the wet snow.


Thanks for swinging by, everyone! Now head here to check out all the other Six Sentence Sunday excerpts this week.

16 comments:

  1. I loved this story. And I loved Ty. Congrats on the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't actually buy very many HQ series titles, but this one, I have. Congratulations! Very well deserved, as this six clearly shows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News!! Congrats! Oh and great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cara! Love the six! Congrats on the nomination! Happy Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this story so much. Congrats on the nomination. You so deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the nomination. I love the humour in this six.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the nomination! This one is on my TBR pile! Wonderful six.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very funny. I'll have to check this one out. And congrats on the nomination!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. His arrogant butt deserved a snowbath. :D Great six, Meg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sound like he doesn't quite agree with that everything but lover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love this! mating on the mind.... heck, yeah! Nice imagery, I could really see this one playing out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Sensational six. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol..love your teaser! This sounds like a fun read and congrats on your nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! I loved this. I can picture the scene so clearly. It sounds like something my hubby would do.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved that! I have to add this one to my TBB pile. Congrats on the nom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. (laughs) Loved it! Definitely want to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete