Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Very Thrusty Tribute to the NHL

This week's Thrusty Thursday post was a joint effort—conceived and curated by my pal Ridley, and executed by yours truly. She's an avid hockey fan. And I am, as it turns out, an avid fan of looking at hockey players. So we present…

The Top Five Most Thrustable Men in the NHL

Number five, Joe Vitale. Self-explanatory. Foxy enough that you can forgive all the cumbersome, camouflaging padding.


Number four, Ryan Kesler. Image search him and you'll see he's got a sort of endearing, dorky John Krasinski thing going on, then bam! Some sexy pic pops up. Exhibit Unh, see below. And since I strive to keep this blog somewhat safe for work, I'll include this photo as a link only.


Number three, Patrick Sharp. Huh. So blue eyes can be broody. Who knew?


Number two, Andrew Ference. I mean, come on. And yeah, sure, doesn't hurt that he plays for Boston. I wanted to make him number one, but I just couldn't in good conscience oust a superior candidate (you'll see), but I did make him a mantage, as a consolation…


And…number one, Henrik Lundqvist. When Ridley very charitably brought Lundy to my attention, I said, "He could model as a billionaire tycoon on a Presents cover… Upon which I shall be posing as his overwrought virgin mistress." But seriously. He's a goalie. When exactly has this guy's face ever gotten smacked with a puck? Also, how on earth is he almost three years younger than me? We need to isolate the olden-days-style Real Man bone structure gene in Lundqvist and Gandy. Stat. For the future of manhood.

13 comments:

  1. Lundqvist -- I have never seen an eyebrow so ripe for cocking.

    Nice tribute. Very unh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG he looks like I've pictured about every hero I ever wrote. Does he look like that in every picture? I didn't know people could look like that for true.

    *commences google image search*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh holy cow he looks like that in most of his pictures and in the others he is exuding impish charm. Jeeeeeeez.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tim Thomas? Big adorable red-headed teddy bear? Not here? Epic beard? I nominate him for #1 runner-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. King Henrik is so doable that I'm willing to cast aside my Boston-bred hate for all things New York and openly lust after him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lundy grinning is wet panty inducing. Yeah, I said it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked out the Lundy image search. He looks like fourteen different people! One of them is Bradley Cooper. All of them are hot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I see what you were saying here. Very nice very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My NHL-loving friend Leah recommends Rick Nash and Cam Ward, with an enthusiastic thumbs up of agreement on Ryan Kesler.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rick Nash and Cam Ward? Those are some hardcore romance hero names, right there. They could be like, co-owners of a private security company in Texas.

    ReplyDelete