Sunday, November 20, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday, lucky #13

Greetings, my sixy beasts! Thought I'd take a break from the romance and give my evil conjoined erotica-writing twin Cara a chance to share six sentences from a novella she's just finished and subbed. The book's working title is Bounce Back (both characters are on the rebound), and it's male/male—oh, the scandal!

The heroes have just met. They're playing pool at a bar.

“You don’t suck so badly,” Stephen said, as Adam lined up a harder shot. He nearly got it, but scratched. “Take that back—maybe you do.”

Adam grinned, suddenly far more interested in being taunted than wowing this guy with his nonexistent pool shark skills. It was probably just the alcohol’s doing, but he felt like they were engaged in a mating dance, circling the table, passing one another, each shot some attempt to impress the other. So much bending over and chalking of one’s stick, so many balls and holes and other juvenile, low-hanging double entendres.


Thanks for swinging by, everyone! Now head here to check out all the other Six Sentence Sunday excerpts this week.

14 comments:

  1. Ha, I read that first sentence and immediately went to a naughty place. Too bad he's talking about pool, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMJC, I love it! I'm so glad you did another m/m and I cannot WAIT to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Love the double entendres. Best wishes with submission. I'm sure it will be contracted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suspect playing pool is all part of the foreplay. Sure this one will be great like the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mating dance it is - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "so many balls and holes and other juvenile, low-hanging double entendres." LOL, this is great and I love that he acknowledges the low-brow remarks. Well done, "Cara". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the last line! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such playful narrative. Love it! I don't normally like male/male, but I'm intrigued. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! I can´t wait to read the book!

    ReplyDelete